Friday, January 19, 2007

Research for my book

As many of you know, I said in a past blog that I was writing a book, but last night I realized that the stuff I wrote so far was terrible. I mean, it sucked.

So, I erased everything.

I don't really like asking people for things unless it's necessary, and now is that time. In order for me to write this book, I need to keep doing more research. I feel like I don't know enough to begin writing this book. See, what I do is try to find information that already agrees with me in the first place without looking at the other side too.

The book is supposed to be about great accomplishments achieved by atheists. I really don't know if it's true but I have the faith to think that it already is true. Also, I was planning to write about the damage that religion has caused and compare it to the damage atheists have done. Then, I might write a little bit about evolution and other stuff. See, how smart I am?

This why I need the books, so I can have an idea and make a final decision on what I should write about. But my final decision will always be this: Christianity is false; but atheism is true. My research will always be biased. But I will try my best for the stuff to match the title of my book, "No need for a higher power: Living without a god".

Anyway, here's the thing: I need books.

Rook Hawkins made a wishlist on amazon, he posted it on a blog, see that proves he hasn't done much research in the first place so he needs more to make up his already made up mind. It gave me the idea to do the same thing and I made my own wishlist.

I don't have any money to buy these books and I know you probably don't, either. But I'm going to ask you anyway. That's logical isn't it? To ask people who don't have enough money to buy me books they don't have enough money for. Just look around at my wishlist at Amazon, look for some of the cheap books. Another thing, I need someone to design a cover for my book, anyone that helps out with the cover gets a copy of the book. What a deal! You won't get royalties, but for your hard work a single free book. Cool, huh?

Like I said before, I don't really like asking people for stuff, but I'm going to contradict myself and ask you anyway.

Please, help me so I can debunk websites like this, this, and this. These people are too good.

Trust me, its for a good cause and it will be worth your money. Once the book is published, I will give a free autographed copy to anyone that helped. (The book will be self-published because no reputable publishing company will publish me)

If you do decide to get me a book, let me know which one you're getting so I can remove it from the wishlist. Make sure that the address name is for "Michael DeAlba". If you're having trouble with the address, send me a message and I will give you my address. That's about it.

Again, to see the wish list, click here.

I want to thank you for taking the time to read this.

[source]

No comments: